7.04.2015

my little Quinny girl.

this post is going to be long.
so don't feel like you need to read it.
i'm mainly writing it for my own sake.

where to even start.
my due date was june 29th/30th (i say that cause the doctor changed it on me, but didn't really, so i never really knew when my actual due date was)
and if i went over my due date then they wouldn't induce me until july 7th.
which seemed SO far away.
but i was pretty sure that I was just going to have to be patient and wait until then.

i went to the doctor on thursday and i wasn't dilated or effaced at all.
which was also a reason why i was so sure i would go over.
but then, monday morning at 2:30 am i woke up with a slight cramping/tummy ache feeling.
i tried disregarding it and going back to sleep but i couldn't fall asleep.
that whole night i couldn't sleep.
the ache would come and go.
i didn't know if i was having contractions or what (cause i didn't know what they felt like!)
around 6 am i went to take a bath to try and relieve some pain. 
and that helped for a little bit, but the pain was getting stronger.
by then cameron woke up and asked me why i was awake.
i told him i thought i was having contractions but i wasn't sure.
around 7:30 he went to work and told me to text him if he thought we should go to the hospital.
i waited it out until about 10, and by then the contractions were pretty painful so we decided to go.
we checked into the hospital and when they checked i was dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced.
they left me to progress for a bit, and came back about an hour and a half later.
i had progressed a little, but hardly any.
at that point they gave me the option of giving me a morphine shot
and going home to wait it out a little (though they were sure i would be back that night)
or have the doctor come in a break my water for me.

when they gave me the options, it finally hit me that i was going to giving birth in the next 24 hours and got just a tad nervous. i almost wanted to take the morphine shot and leave, but then talking it over with cameron we decided that we would just have the doctor come break my water since we were already there. that was a scary decision. at the time at least. 

at that point, they came in and hooked me up to the IV and told me i could get my epidural anytime.
i got it right away (obviously).
[side note: anyone who gives birth naturally, i commend. that is something i could not do]
about 5 minutes after getting it, the doctor came in and broke my water.
and let me tell you, that was a weird feeling.
i wasn't going to mention the part where cameron started feeling queasy while i was getting the shot and had to walk away and get water before he passed out... but that would be too nice of me to leave that part of the story out.

they let me lay there for a good few hours and by 5 pm when they came to check me i was dilated to a 6! when they checked they could feel her head and said she has lots of hair! which i was so happy about. By 7 pm, i was a 7. and by 8 i was an 8. two hours later, i was still an 8. they gave me pitocin to speed things up a bit, and by 2:15 am i was finally a 10. the nurse had me start pushing. 45 minutes later the doctor came in to finish things off. I pushed for a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes. which went by so fast. 

At 3:30 am on tuesday, june 30th, little miss Quinn was born. 
she was 7 pounds 5 ounces,  20.5 inches long, and the most perfect little thing. 
after a day and a half recovery at the hospital, we decided to call it quits and head home.
it was such a happy moment knowing we could go home and be just the three of us.
i was also just a little sad inside knowing how well the nurses took care of me, and i wouldn't have that at home. i loved all my nurses so much. i want to give them all a million hugs.
i'm still in pain, but i can tell it's definitely getting easier to get around and stuff.
recovery for me has been the hardest part of this whole process.

I used to wonder what stay-at-home-moms did all day. 
there couldn't possibly be that much to do at home with one baby.
but now i know. its not an easy task, but i wouldn't trade it for a thing.
i'm so happy i get to be this little girls mama.
she makes me so happy.
even if i only get 2 hours of sleep at night and she poops on me while i'm changing her poopy diaper. 
its so worth it.
i already want her to stay this age forever. and i feel like she's already grown up so much even though she is only 4 days old! 
all i want to do is hold her, and stare at her perfect little body.
we love you quinny girl!!


she came out with a cone head but i have been forbidden to show anyone.



they gave her a boy hat! haha



that [reddish] hair though.


she's even cute when she's mad.

how can she look so big already?! 












3 comments:

  1. That time pushing goes so crazy fast! I pushed for like the same amount of time but I could swear it took 5 min!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's perfect kaes!! Loved reading it and seeing the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the angry picture, mostly because you get to see all her cute little thigh rolls. She really is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete