7.27.2015

one month old!

this post might be a couple days premature. but you get the point.
i really cannot believe its been a month since my sweet quinny girl was born.
i remember when i had that much left of my pregnancy and i thought i was gonna die, 
it seemed so long.
but this last month has flooooown by.
the best, most rewarding, most tiring weeks of my life.

i think she is (maybe) finally starting to get used to our schedule.
meaning she only wakes up about every 4 hours during the night instead of every 2.
[knock on wood]

i cannot believe how much they change in such a short amount of time. i always wondered why moms always said "please make time stop" or something like that, when they had a baby. but now i know why! they grow up so fast. its so sad seeing my little newborn (which, i know, is still so tiny) grow and grow, but it's also so fun to see her become her little self.

the last week she has been rather fussy. and won't sleep anywhere but in your arms.
and trust me, she knows if you put her down.
[which is why i am sitting here typing this with my left hand while holding her in my other arm]

sometimes during the night at 3 am after she eats,
she is so very wide awake and I'm so very not wide awake.
and I'm trying to rock her to sleep but she just isn't having it.
and then finally she shuts her eyes for 2 minutes so i rush her to her bassinet and climb back in bed
only to find out 3 minutes later that i put her down prematurely and i have to re-rock her too sleep.
which only takes another 45 minutes.
but i secretly wouldn't trade those middle-of-the-night shenanigans for anything
cause i know my cuddly little girl won't be so cuddly in just a short amount of time.

also, its like she knows when you change her diaper cause right when you take it off,
thats her cue to start peeing.

she loves her pacifier. but only a certain one.

she loves going on walks in the stroller and baby carrier.

i love my little lady to pieces. 

this week we are packing up our life here and marching it right on over to idaho.
we're sad to leave, but we're definitely excited for our new adventure.

btw, who knew that packing would take about 4 times longer 
and you have about 4 times as many things with a baby?
i think her stuff is going to take up most of the Uhaul.

my little one day old baby 



and my growing baby.
yes, she still sleeps a lot.






3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what a sweetheart! Best wishes in your new adventures in Idaho! Loves coming your way, from the Johnsons here in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOSH. she was soo adorable when she was born! yes I'm blog stocking you ;)

    ReplyDelete